An award-winning writer and teacher, Mariah has 8 years’ experience teaching English Literature and Creative Writing to advanced students and total beginners. In addition to her work at The University of Cambridge and University College London, Mariah offers private tuition, editing and feedback on a sliding scale depending on your income.
Contact Mariah via hello [at] mariahwhelan [dot] com for more info and prices for:
- feedback on poems
- individual or group workshops
- manuscript review and publication coaching
- editing poems, novels and non-fiction texts
- support with research proposals, personal statements and funding applications
Mariah’s workshops and teaching have been invaluable, both to my skills as a poet and my ability to constructively offer and receive feedback. We covered a breadth of subjects, from themes to linguistic techniques, tight form to free verse, all of which Mariah handled with creativity and a meticulous understanding of the craft. She is a perceptive and enthusiastic teacher, and her love of poetry is infectious. Some teachers leave a lifelong impression on your work, Mariah certainly has.— Nina Dahan-Reljich, former student currently completing an MFA at Columbia University, NYC
Digital Events and Communications
Mariah also offers digital event planning and support. Please get in touch for details via hello [at] mariahwhelan [dot] com for support with:
- learning how to use new communications technologies such as Zoom, Microsoft Teams and Skype
- getting to grips with recording and publicising your readings
- planning your events to for digital formats
- running your events, providing hosting and technical support
Testimonial:Philip Gooden, author of the Nick Revill Series and the Chaucer Mysteries
Mariah Whelan and I recently hosted a Zoom quiz for Writers in Oxford. I set and asked the questions and Mariah handled everything else, not just the tech side but the introduction and the links. It all ran very smoothly, thanks to Mariah’s expertise and warmth. And she made it look effortless.